Every wound is unique and requires gentle, customized attention. We offer our wound care patients—and their physicians and caregivers—a complete line of quality wound care equipment and supplies, from wound pumps and dressings to medical air mattresses and hospital beds. We home-deliver on a timely basis, attending to your unique needs with expert care and 24/7/365 assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do every time I use my wound pump?
• Check for leaks in the systems
• Ensure the dressings are sealed and in good shape
• Ensure tubing is fully plugged in and has no kinks in it
• Keep your battery charging to maintain a full charge
• Prior to starting pump, check to see if prescribed pressure is correctly set
What do I do if I notice a leak in the system?
• Check the tubing to make sure it’s secure and kink free
• Check the seal between the canister and pump unit to make sure it is fastened securely
• Check the seal on the dressing.
• Check pump setting for correct pressure setting.
• Call clinician, if trouble-shooting does not remedy the problem
What do I do if the system appears to be clogged?
• Make sure the system is powered on and in a pump mode
• Check to see if there is a kink in the tubing
• Check the filter in the system to see if it needs replacing
• Check the volume in the canister for canister replacement
What should I do if I am in pain from the pump?
• Shut off the pump immediately
• Call physician or clinician to determine if changes to the therapy need to be made
What do I do if I am bleeding excessively before, during or after wound therapy?
Shut off your pump, Call 911, physician or caregiver immediately
What if my question wasn’t answered here?
If you have more questions about your therapy, or have received a new prescription from your doctor, stop by one of our locations or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 877-693-0007.