There are so many things in life to enjoy. At the top of our list would be friends, family, and memories but we also have precious belongings that are sometimes hard to part with. Clutter can make it difficult to see the things we really love because they are hiding behind piles of junk. Don't let clutter get in the way of enjoying the things you love. If you are looking for a few ways to downsize in your home and make your life more simple, here are just a few quick steps.
1. The first is to start in the closet and sort items into categories of trash, donations, sale, and store away. If you have items that you are not ready to part with but want to get them out of your closet, just store them away in storage bins to re-visit later. Throw away mis-matched socks that you are not using.
2. Invest in some sturdy hooks to maximize wall space in your closet. Hang belts, scarves, ties, handbags, or jewelry on them.
3. Get a cork or dry erase board to hang in your home to write down important things to remember and to post invitations or cards on. Get all of those magnets off of your fridge and post things on the cork board.
4. If you don't have time to put pictures in albums or scrapbooks, just get a picture safe box to store them all in one location. Gather old magazines, newspapers, and loose paper that you were holding onto and consolidate then in one storage bin to go through later. Clip articles out that you want to re-visit but throw away the rest.
5. Get a binder and some dividers and store your receipts, coupons, and instruction manuals. Consolidate as much as you can into one place.
6. Get a battery organizer that has a battery tester on it. Test old batteries to see if they are still good and throw out the rest. Keep all of your batteries together in the organizer.
7. Go through your kitchen and get rid of old food and duplicate condiments or salad dressing.
8. Last, make a difference in someone else's life by donating old cell phones, blankets, bed linens, clothes and coats to charity.