Research indicates that over one third of seniors fall every year – and most of these falls occur in the home. Here are some helpful home tips to keep you on your feet.
- Remove small rugs or use double-sided tape to attach rugs securely to the ground.
- Invest in grab bars throughout your home, especially next to the toilet and in the bathtub.
- Use handrails when going up or down stairs.
- Use brighter light bulbs throughout your home to make it easier to see.
- Use a reacher to access objects in higher places.