Caregiving is one of the most difficult jobs and it can be both emotionally and physically exhausting.
There are some important steps to take to make sure you are providing the best quality of care possible.
1. Take care of yourself- know your limitations and set clear boundaries for yourself and the person you are caring for.
2. Do not let the caregiving relationship interfere with your other relationships.
3. Have plenty of time off for yourself and to spend with your family.
4. Plan time to take a break- hire temporary in-home care services so you can have a vacation.
5. If you are feeling overwhelmed, let someone know.